Our Qualified Solicitors
At Laker Legal Solicitors our dedicated conveyancing Solicitors, Stephen Ogden and Paula Hodkinson-Smith have over 20 years experience of acting in the sale and purchase of residential property, including leasehold properties, apartments and new build properties.
Whether you are moving house, buying a home for the first time, selling property on behalf of an estate or via Power of Attorney our hard working, efficient and knowledgeable property Solicitors are constantly available throughout the process to keep you fully informed of the progress of the transaction at every step and to make sure that completion takes place as quickly as possible.
Legal Costs & Disbursments
We appreciate that clients will want the reassurance of a fixed price for their transaction. Our fees cover all of the work* required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty). When you have completed our online conveyancing calculator, if you wish to discuss your sale or purchase in more detail please contact us and we will be very pleased to answer any queries that you have.
You can also calculate any stamp duty you may have to pay when purchasing a property by using HMRC’s website.
How long it will take from you accepting an offer until you can move out of your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8-12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the number of parties in the chain and their circumstances. For example, if you are a first time buyer, purchasing a new build property which is build complete with a mortgage in principle, it could take 6 weeks. However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the Lease, this can take significantly longer.
* Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- this is the assignment of an existing lease and is not the grant of a new lease
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if indemnity policies are required.
In most cases no additional fees will arise.