A big ‘thank you’ Richard from Steve and myself. Your time and attention you gave to both of us was remarkable. I’ve had dealings with many solicitors over the years, but have never received this level of service as you gave.
Dispute & Litigation
The main feature of all “dispute and litigation” is that it is governed by the Civil Procedure Rules 1998. It is often termed, Civil Litigation and is remedied by “ADR” – Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Instructing a Civil Litigation Solicitor from an early stage is advantageous to ensure that civil protocols and procedures are adhered to and also to try to reach an early settlement without the need of the courts.
We represent a range of different clients from individuals, sole traders, partnerships and companies in respect of both bringing claims and defending claims.
Our Civil Litigation team have extensive knowledge and experience in a wide range of Civil Litigation matters including:
- Extensive Breach of contract claims
- Professional Negligence claims
- Wills, Probate, Inheritance & Trust disputes
- Property Litigation
- Building / builder disputes
- Trade disputes
- E-Commerce disputes
Our Solicitors John Hirst and Stephen Ogden have over 25 years of experience in these types of matters between them acting for individuals, partnerships, LLP`s or companies either in the County, High Court or Court of Appeal.
We no longer take instructions for small claims track matters (less than £10,000 in value) but we are happy to accept instructions on fast track or multi track litigation on a wide range of matters.
Over the years we have acted in matters such as :
- Actions for professional negligence – over the years resulting in millions of pounds worth of damages;
- Actions against tradesmen, including building and landscape disputes.
- Claims pursuant to the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
- Actions for specific performance of contracts
- Actions for debt enforcement from County Court to High Court
- All types of Contentious Wills, Probate, Estate and Inheritance disputes, often in the Chancery Division of the High Court of England and Wales.
SOLICITORS FEES & FUNDING FOR CIVIL LITIGATION CASES
There are a number of different ways to fund civil litigation cases and we offer the following funding arrangements:
- Damages Based Agreement
- You may have an existing legal expenses insurance policy which would meet legal costs
- We may be able to provide you with a fixed fee or alternatively we would charge an hourly rate
We have a national client base but predominantly cover the North West and South East of England. Please see our locations pages for more details.
If you would like to discuss your civil litigation case then we offer an initial free telephone appointment so please don’t hesitate to contact us.